Thursday 7 April 2016

RE: NOUN Examinations: Pen On Paper (POP) vs Electronic Exam (E-exam)

RE: NOUN Examinations: Pen On Paper (POP) vs Electronic Exam (E-exam)

With all my heart, I really appreciate your interest in my the Reference above, and I also want to use this medium to thank as many that showed interest in my E-books.

Having gone through the field of education, been in the field for a more than a decade now, and with my little experiences, I decide to come up with those materials and I hope you will enjoy yourself and your time to be spent reading them will not be a lost but you'll gain a lot.

These E-books are loaded with tons of information that can help you and your loved ones.

Back to the reference above, which I published on so many NOUN whatsapp group and Facebooks group, I couldn't continue with it because some school of thoughts have risen up with criticism and opinions that I think I should respond to.

I'll be addressing them one after the other.

The first school of thought, I won't mention name, said "the writer is jobless". Jobless in what sense? Writing a lengthy article or give clues to answer NOUN POP exams? My own interpretation to that statement is that "my clues are useless and are not of value". Let me say this, the truth is bitter and costly, so also information that is important is costly and hardly can you get it. I want to reply the school of though that said "the writer is jobless". It's not your fault but my own. But the fact is that, whether you want to deny it or not, from the clues I gave, tell me you didn't gain one thing, even little as it may be. Pleas feel free to tell me!

Another school of though said, "if you didn't receive lectures, you'll explain to me, how you were able to conquer those mathematics without a teacher or lecturer". I replied him, I said, my knowledge or skill in mathematics, is divine and it's God's will. Little is much when God is in it. I choose to study mathematics 'cos it's God direction for me and ever since I listened to his instruction, he has never failed me, and I have never regretted.

Now, from a school of thought that said "@Don, before you can conclude that NOUN POP exam is the cheapest, you have to go to other schools to write their exam before you say NOUN POP exam is the cheapest." I replied him and a colleague of my also replied him. I said, Examinations is not to fail student, it's a practice or an exercise put in place to test students over all progress in the scheme, or outline of a course. I also said, "you cannot give what you don't have". My colleague quoted a saying "proper preparation prevent poor performance".
If an exam is given to you, it's what you know you'll put down, if you put something excellent well, it means you are loaded, prepared for the examination! And I made this school of thought who is a Post Graduate student, that he shouldn't be surprise seeing an undergradute teaching a post graduate, all is, it depends on skill 'cos no one is a monopolistic learner or teacher, but her took the whole matter up and he became sentimental.

Hello NOUNites, before I drop my pen, let me share with you my experience in today's exam. I wrote MTH304 - Complex Analysis. We were asked to answer 4 questions out of 6 questions, not pride or boasting, I can answer all excellently and I'll score the whole marks. ask me how? Go back to my clue 2. I said

"Clue 2: NOUN has done their materials in a scholarly method. How? At the end of each Unit/Module, you'll see a bolded word tagged "References and Further Reading", a list of books will be listed there but many of us don't take note. Please go through all the units and modules of that course material, you'll find about two or three that are regular, please, go to bookshops, buy them! Although, financial constrain is there, you may buy one, 'cos most of the questions set comes from this textbooks and I bought about 3 to 5 for each of my courses and I must tell you, I found answering the questions easy! Also, if you check the course material on the 3rd page, you'll find something like "Course Write", the name of the author is there and the school where he or she lectures, make contacts with them, I must tell you, they are the ones that marks this scripts and set questions but not often! I met one in UniLag, Laspotech, etc... Although you may not be able to get all of them. Note that"

Could you believe that, all the questions, I mean all the question used in MTH304 for the exam, I came across them in the textbooks I bought (e.g Adavanced Engineering Mathematics by KA Stroud, Schuam Outlines on Advanced Calculus, the questions and answer are ther live and direct). I came across them during my studying. The exam was slated for 3hrs, I tell you, I didn't use up to 1hrs:30mins, and I answer complete four questions without left over! Now tell me, what grade do I expect when my TMA is 30 already? Isn't that A? I want to encourage you once again, my "Clue 2" may be difficult but it's God's design, apply it and I tell you, it will work for you.

I'll be release another E-book on the 20th April, 2016 titled "THE FUNDAMENTAL STEPS TO THE CHOICE OF CAREER".

If you'll like to have a copy! The time for sending request will be made know to you. Remember, IT'S FREE!

Thank you....

I am still my humble self with a name

Rauf Kazeem Isaac (esq)
National Open University of Nigeria
School of Education
Department of Mathematics, 300L
Agidigbin, Ikeja Study Centre.
Whatsspp: 08131388834
BBm: 33524D0E
Twitter: @donzikkmayowa
Facebook: www.facebook.com/donzikkmayowa
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

No comments:

Post a Comment